Photon Factory General Safety Training Online
March 20, 2018
- PF users are requested to receive safety training of PF every Japanese fiscal year starting from April. It is devided to two parts; online training for general safety and on-site training on radiation safety.
- As for the online training, you must watch a video of about 30 minutes and take an examination.
- At the beginning of the examination, you must enter a User ID number other than your name, affiliation and e-mail address. This number may be found in the KEK User Support System. After logging in the system, click "Team Member Information" and "1. Member Information Search" then enter your name and click Search. Select yourself and click View Details to see your registered information including a ten-digit User ID number.
If you cannot find "Team Member Information" to search your ID number, please send an inquiry mail to the address described below, or input 0 temporarily. You will recieve the ID number in a few days.
- If you enter or choose incorrect answers, select right answers again.
Please also refer to PF Safety Guide for correct answers.
- You will find certificate page if you success the examination, which includes "Application for radiation work in controlled area". Please print the certificate page and bring with you to PF.
When you arrive at PF, you should submit the printed certificate page ("Application for radiation work in controlled area") at the entrance of PF experimental hall, then you can proceed to the on-site training on radiation safety. It will take about 90 min. if your institution is outside of Japan, while 20 min. for the registered radiation workers of Japanese institutes.
After you finish the on-site training on radiation safety, you should fill in the "List of Experimental Collaborators for Guidance of Radiation Safety" form to receive a personal dosimeter and an ID card.
- Click this link to start the video. =>[Start Safety Training] Please note that a web browser which supports HTML5 is necessary.
- If you have already received our general safety training after March 21st, 2018, please reprint the certificate page and bring it with you to PF.
You can recieve a personal dosimeter and an ID card with submitting the reprinted certificate page to the attendant at the entrance of the PF Experimental Hall.
Any inquiries should be sent to PF Safety Representative firstname.lastname@example.org .